Speaking of this week's training, if you follow us (mostly me) on Twitter you may have suffered through a fair amount of me kvetching all last week about the broken treadmills in my apartment's gym. Yes. BOTH broke at the same time. I had to do THREE of my runs outdoors. I know I already touched on the subject once, but I think this week is going to have to include another treadmill vs. outdoors post, with multi-pronged arguments and charts. Okay, not charts. Probably.
Anyway, the treadmills were finally both fixed by Thursday, just in time to save me from the outdoor-run-ruining DELUGE of rain that assaulted the Baltimore-Washington area for many, many days. Thank God for small miracles, at least!
|Ah... sweet treadmill.|
b < -- (This comes to you direct from my cat Minx. She likes to walk across my keyboard. Repeatedly. Even when she has other path alternatives.)
|Same to you, bucko.|
Thank you for that valuable insight, Minxie. On to the roundup!
- Sarah at Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free in WDW ran her first runDisney 5K! Yay!
- The Disney Parks Blog just announced a running store opening at Downtown Disney! WE MUST VISIT.
- Prairie Princess Runners has the scoop on how to prevent melting away in your runDisney race costume - including a segment on running with makeup! (We here at FROA talk about that here.)
- Live, Run, Grow discusses the fine art of the ice bath.
- Sarah of Running at Disney got to run at Disney's Vero Beach Resort!
- Running, Loving, Living drives home the importance of the proper sneaker.
- I Run for Cookies shares my ire over this silly anti-slow movement that keeps popping up.
- And finally, Margaritas, Miles, and the Mouse shares the most apropos "Hey girl" ever.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!