|It. Is. TIME.|
JENN: THIS Friday!
MOON: ... I seriously thought it was NEXT Friday.
JENN: The race is on Sunday, silly!
MOON: I could have sworn the race was the 26th...
MOON: Well, there goes my schedule for next week! Ha, I'll have to send out some emails tonight. My bad.
JENN: Aren't you glad we're doing this blog?
MOON: I better get my running on. My last 13.1 was Christmas Eve. Slightly worried now. Guess who's running 13.1 tomorrow?
JENN: No no no! Tapering is vital!
MOON: I am too anxious for tapering!
JENN: I wouldn't run more than seven at this point. Don't worry; I haven't run the full 13 since December either. In fact, my runs have been AWFUL lately. I'm in a major slump.
MOON: I'm sorry, but that IS slightly comforting. ;)
JENN: I'm seriously considering just taking very lengthy walks this week in the hopes of recharging.
MOON: That might be good. I thought about that too. But don't worry, I'll be there to keep you going! :D
JENN: Of course!
MOON: Actually, I've just been doing shorter, faster runs.
JENN: That's great for speed!
MOON: So far so good. But the weather is KILLING me. I really want to run outside. I almost dozed off on the treadmill the other day.
JENN: Oh no! Yeah, the extreme cold plays merry hell with my lungs. I honestly wonder if that's related to the yuckiness of my training lately, even if I am doing it inside.
MOON: Winter malaise... My nemesis.
JENN: Well, we'll get some good strong California sun soon! Maybe we can do a mini-run on Friday, just a couple miles.
MOON: Sure, sounds like fun!
JENN: Got any good music powering you through the last couple pre-race weeks?
MOON: Wild Beasts have a new single out! That's all I have going on right now. I plan to put Beethoven's 9th on the playlist come Wednesday.
JENN: Beethoven's 9th is pretty magnificent. Speaking of magnificence - on to the roundup!
- Run Walk Fastpass Repeat dispenses advice on taking great race day photos.
- Through Heather's Looking Glass features a guest post on things beginning runners should know.
- The Adult Side of Disney discusses the new runDisney/New Balance sneaker distribution system.
- Will Run for Ears is mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
- MousePlanet makes the case that runDisney should offer race insurance.
- Just Me and My Running Shoes tries out volunteering at a race.
- The Disney Food Blog has some great post-race restaurant suggestions.
- A Pinch of Pixie Dust highlights my star-crossed lover, the Cake Cup. Someday. Someday.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!