MOON: Remarkably uneventful, but steady.
JENN: Sounds like an improvement! I had a much better run on Tuesday and then a much worse run on Thursday, so I'm not quite sure where I stand.
I'm running the 17.75K - a skosh over 11 miles - on Saturday so I think I might mostly walk this week. Try to get the legs back.
MOON: Oh, yay! Good luck!
MOON: Walking will probably be a nice break before the race
JENN: How are things otherwise? New music? New sneakers? Anything fun?! It's been dreary and rainy for DAYS and I'm desperate for something cheery...
MOON: Hmm... It HAS been dreary! Let's see... Christian and I are making kimchi?!
JENN: Ooh! Spicy-nice!
MOON: It has to sit out for the next few days. My kitchen smells lovely.
JENN: Ah, cabbage.
MOON: He had some fermented soy beans and my goodness it was the smell of... if feet had butts.
JENN: Makes you wonder how this stuff got started... desperation, I guess. I mean, clearly kimchi is tasty, but some serious leaps of faith had to be made to get to the first batch.
|Kimchi dog from last year's Food & Wine Festival.|
Photo from Eating WDW's excellent review.
JENN: Indeed. Speaking of fermentation - TO THE ROUNDUP!
- Snag some race-day travel tips from Running at Disney.
- We Run Disney ponders the core values of the running community.
- Stay safe during your training with Running Toward the Prize.
- Find ways to collect and display your running memories with The Runner's Guide to WDW.
- Run Eat Repeat concentrates on the good when it comes to weight loss.
- Fairytales and Fitness points out that there's no shame in the running game.
- Pink Elephant on Parade coaches us all in our Dopey training.
- And finally, I literally NEVER paint my fingernails, but you simply must check out these amazing Up nails from Sparkly Ever After.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!