The Cheater's Veggie Sandwich
You will need:
- Two slices of good mozzarella
- One tomato
- One cucumber
- A handful of spinach
- A small loaf of French bread, white or wheat
- Olive oil
- Italian spice blend (plus a little salt if you want, to taste)
- Cut your bread loaf into the size sandwich you want, if necessary. Slice it lengthwise and then pull a bit of the innards out to make room for the fillings. (I recommend you eat the scraps with extra olive oil.)
- Place the two mozzarella rounds on the bottom piece of bread. Then eat a couple more slices because mozzarella is delicious.
- Artfully arrange your spinach leaves on top of the mozzarella.
- Slice your tomato and cucumber up and then add as many pieces of those as you like atop the spinach.
- THIS LAST PART IS CLUTCH. DO NOT SKIP IT. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and then sprinkle with your Italian spice blend and maybe a dash of salt if you want.
- Place the top slice of bread over the whole shebang, cut down the middle, and enjoy!