MOON: Very nice! I went up to NYC and stayed with friends. Lots of exploring the city. How was yours?
JENN: Pretty good - I saw a LOT of fireworks. First on the National Mall on the fourth and then on the fifth I saw like eight shows going on at once around a river outside Baltimore. It was crazy - at any given moment there were bursts of light in CircleVision.
Oh, and there was a puppy behind us at the Mall, so that made it even better!
|GLORIOUS MALL PUPPY|
|NOT AS GOOD AS GLORIOUS MALL PUPPY|
JENN: I think it was a wise choice. The food in NYC tends to be pretty awesome.
MOON: Although...! I did wake up on the Fourth and immediately hum some Sousa to my boyfriend.
JENN: Haha, that's about as patriotic as it gets!
You fit any running in last week?
MOON: Hmm, not so much in the way of hardcore running. Lots of exercising in general, though. Lots of moving and all that. But I have a feeling you ran at least 1,000 miles.
JENN: I did terribly last week, actually! I only ran twice and a mere sixteen miles total at that. I've recently been struggling with a shift in priorities that I will explain at a later date, but this particular week I let dogsitting take a front seat and it threw my running schedule all out of whack. Oh well; I'll do better next week!
MOON: High five!
JENN: And high five for some awesome bloggers:
- Running Toward the Prize considers the effects of taking a running break.
- We Run Disney makes a super-nifty quilt out of race tees.
- Fairytales and Fitness tackles IT band and hip pain.
- Black Dog Runs Disney believes running doesn't have to suck.
- Pink Elephant on Parade has a running epiphany.
- Mom's Magical Miles does not appreciate race food hoarders.
- The Disney Hipsters are so damn frosty.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!