MOON: It was a good week for running!
MOON: I'm looking forward to having this week go just as well :D
JENN: Any new distances or pace records?
MOON: Hahaha, no. But there's something to be said for consistency.
MOON: How was your week?
JENN: Surprisingly decent considering I developed a mild cold by the end of it. Silly boss and her GERMS.
Tuesday morning was unseasonably cool and my run was accordingly decent by outdoor standards.
And on Thursday I went for a run in DC with Nicole. I was draaaaagging but she did manage to propel me up some inclines and the Georgetown waterfront is nice.
MOON: That's great! I've been having problems with making running a part of my daily routine again. For me, this is 90% of the battle. If I am used to it I tend to not get as anxious before a run.
JENN: Well, as Will Rogers once said, 90% of anything is showing up.
|You may remember him better as |
"that guy from the American Adventure with the lasso."
JENN: Nothing out of the ordinary - fit in runs where I can. I'm tentatively planning a long run for tonight but I still have a very occasional cough; if it gives me trouble I'll have to cut it short. We'll see!
MOON: I aim to keep mileage the same, but up the speed.
JENN: Ooh, speedwork! My other nemesis besides the outdoors! And hills! (I have a lot of nemeses.)
MOON: In September I plan to do two 5Ks. Ideally, I would like to break records for both. And I figure changing up my training model might help get me out of a slump.
JENN: You sign up for them yet, or are you still looking?
MOON: I have to register tonight, but I found two that have good causes. One is a "Nun Run" that I've coerced Elizabeth into trying. The other is running on a Johns Hopkins team.
JENN: Nice. I look forward to some recap posts! :D
JENN: Blog roundup, take us out.
- The Runner's Guide to WDW has advice for runDisney spectators...
- ... And so does MousePlanet!
- Black Dog Runs Disney has advice for anyone who married a runner.
- Prairie Princess Runners loves treadmills. ME TOO.
- Run Eat Repeat is concerned about your boobs.
- Parkeology points out the obvious: FIGMENT IS AWESOME. But used to awesomer. Sigh...
- And one more from Parkeology because IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO CLOSE TO ME, DAMMIT.
- Mouse on the Mind has some nifty coverage of the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot. Definitely on my to-do list.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!