MOON: It was good! Since returning from Europe I've been slowly building back to my baseline. How was your training?
JENN: Not bad. I had a minor panic attack about the Marine Corps Marathon being less than two months away so I went and ran a 15 miler. Next week: 17.
MOON: Psh, you got it!
JENN: I certainly hope so! I feel... pretty... okay about it. I intend to eat a giant cupcake after.
JENN: Psh, who you talkin' to? Maybe I'll just MAKE frosting and eat it directly out of the bowl. After a marathon, what is dignity?
MOON: I'll personally make you any type of frosting you want when you finish.
JENN: ! What are my options?
MOON: Seriously, I could make you durian flavor if you wanted. Anything for you!
JENN: I don't think durian will be necessary... I will have to think on this! What would be your ultimate post-marathon food reward?
MOON: Hmmmmm. Probably something spicy. Probably a soup. Spicy soups are my favorite. We'll go with spicy soup if it's a winter run. OH! Red bean ice cream. That works.
JENN: Ohhh, good call. Let's put it to the readers, too - what's your ultimate post-marathon munch?
And on that note: roundup.
- Pink Elephant on Parade gets up early to run. Blehhhhhh.
- The Run Streak wants to know where the boy-targeted races are.
- Turfing it back to the girls: Half Crazy Mama has sports bra suggestions.
- We Run Disney knows just how to crush marathon training.
- Black Dog Runs Disney considers the coolest Disney careers.
- Eating & Drinking Around the World holds the coming Food & Wine Festival against previous years. (SO excited for my first F&W! Clearly.)
- The Disney Hipsters point out that Elsa CAN'T go to Taco Bell; she's on an all-carb diet.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!