|Side note: this would make a great spectator sign.|
Soooo... here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna list out my planned prep work for the week before the race, and you're going to respond with your opinions and experiences, okay? Okay!
- Assuming all my various sometimes-failing body parts don't rebel (LOOKING AT YOU, HIPS AND KNEES), I'm going to do an 8 miler on Sunday or Monday and a 6 miler on Tuesday. In the
PLEASE GOD NOinstance of rebellion, I'll walk it.
- WHAT ABOUT THURSDAY? I was thinking a 3 mile run. But should I just take a brisk walk? Should I move it to Wednesday? SHOULD I MOVE IT TO FRIDAY? (If no one tells me what to do, I'll probably do the Thursday 3 miler.)
- Planned meals for the week leading up to the race: salad with chicken breast and sweet potato for my lunches, garlic toast and scrambled eggs with spinach for my dinners. Don't worry, I can totally eat the same thing every day for a week, provided that thing is AWESOME. And this is good nutrition, right? Carbs and protein and stuff? RIGHT?
- As for liquids, I've purchased a Vitacoco sports drink for EVERY DAY the week leading up to the race. SODIUM AND ELECTROLYTES. Plus of course pounding all the water and tea I can manage.
- WHAT AM I FORGETTING? WHAT ELSE WHAT ELSE?
Whaddya think? I'd love a little advice so I can calm my nerves with a solid plan of action! But of course I recognize that everyone is different.
|This would make a pretty random spectator sign, but I'd still laugh.|