MOON: Pretty gooooood. A rather boring week, but things are steady. How goes the marathon prep?!
JENN: Okay. Since I somehow busted my hip last week, I walked most of my training - over 14 miles of it, in fact. But I did run a ten miler on Thursday and my hip was fine, so I think it'll be okay. This week is serious taper mode; the Marine Corps Marathon is THIS SUNDAY. I SAID THIS SUNDAY. I'm scared!
MOON: Don't be! You'll do just fine. :)
JENN: Ee, I hope so. I think I can do it? OR I COULD DIE. Not that that's any excuse.
JENN: Right now the forecast is a high of 69 and sunny with 9 mph winds. I think I'd be okay with that.
MOON: That's not too bad! What time does it start?
JENN: I wanna say 8AM? I'll be double/triple/quadruple/quintuple checking that over the course of the week, naturally.
MOON: Sweeeeeet, not too early.
JENN: I'll be texting you the whole time. CLEARLY.
MOON: Haha, I should be awake. I will try my best to keep you amused while running!
Also amusing - the roundup!
- Running, Loving, Living ponders the long run.
- Run Eat Repeat offers post-marathon tips and specifically Marine Corps Marathon tips.
- Pink Elephant on Parade has Marine Corps Marathons suggestions for both runners and cheerleaders.
- Will Run for Ears points out that runners can be their own worst enemies.
- Look ahead to the Wine & Dine Half with Just Me and My Running Shoes.
- Mouse on the Mind figures out a Haunted Mansion whodunit.
- Parkeology looks in the windows to the souls... of rides.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!