MOON: I did a lot of running!
MOON: Speed AND distance this week (go me!), ha.
JENN: Yay! I haven't run in two weeks. :( My foot is taking its sweet sweet time to heal.
JENN: And it's SUCH a terrible time for it, because not running makes me feel like I really really really need to watch what I eat... AND IT'S THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING. AND in addition to Thanksgiving proper, I have an Experimental Recipes Thanksgiving with at my boyfriend's brother's place on Wednesday AND my roommate is hosting a Friendsgiving on Saturday. ARG.
JENN: You're right. Better to let it heal than mess it all up further. But I hate the way not exercising feels.
MOON: There's always ballet!
JENN: Sure, but my foot's so messed up I can only do floor barre and I can't do any jumping or turning, which is the most cardio-intensive part.
Basically I'm just whining. All I can really do is try not to go overboard on food and wait for my foot to feel normal. If it isn't showing marked improvement in a week, I may even go to a doctor... but if it gets to that point, I'm kinda scared...
MOON: I didn't exercise yesterday at all and it felt really weird. Not to mention exercise keeps me saneee. But I'm sure once you start running again you'll be even faster. Taking a break might not be such a bad thing.
JENN: We'll see. Oh well. I am thankful. I am thankful that it isn't worse.
MOON: I know it sucks when you're literally surrounded by food and awkward family situations, but you're a lovely lady and your foot will be better soon!
And on that downer note: roundup!
- Back at Square Zero points out that photography can be deceiving.
- Running at Disney discusses the fine art of tapering.
- Fairytales & Fitness try some holiday flavors of running fuel.
- The Runner's Guide to WDW powers through the rough runs.
- Making your winter Disney packing list with the Disney Tourist Blog.
- Davelandblog features a photo that makes my Turner Classic Movies-loving heart glow.
- Frontierland Station has the lowdown on World Showcase's holiday entertainment.
- Theme Park Insider demonstrates how to take on carnival games - and WIN.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!