MOON: It's been good! I actually have news.
MOON: So, I've been alternating between running one day, doing something else the next day for a few weeks. This is because I have been having pain in my legs. For some reason, even though I am not tired, it was hard for me to run two days in a row.
Well, I updated my shoes. Was planning on just trying out the fit of a few a buying later, but you know how that goes. Because I bought shoes, I got a discount on socks, so I bought a pair of compression sleeves.
JENN: It's hard not to get swept up in sneaker excitement.
MOON: Ha, Christian got a pair, too! He found some asics that fit well. :D No more bleeding toes!
Back to the sleeves-- they are great! I had no pain the next day! I'm actually really excited to go running today.
JENN: Yay! New gear is always a huge motivator for me.
MOON: I know, I often feel guilty about it...At the same time, at least my hobby is healthy and it supports a community of runners, riiiight?
MOON: That might be reaching a little bit, ha! How was your week?
JENN: Fine - busy, but fine. Moving this week made things a little difficult and I had to do some of my runs in the early morning before work which I HATE, but I got in three and that's okay for now.
|The view from my new balcony. What up, NIH?|
MOON: Absolutely not. I find that after a break I run better, anyway!
JENN: Which reminds me - have you chosen your next runDisney race yet? :D
MOON: Haha, it's only been about 15 hours since you last asked me! I'm leaning on a January/February race, though.
JENN: We could maybe do the Princess again? The course for the WDW Half is exactly the same but it kinda gets overshadowed by the marathon/Goofy/Dopey, by my way of thinking.
MOON: November is a big month for some interview and academic stuff, so I should probably keep that open. Princess was fun!
JENN: Things to ponder. ^_^ I'll keep an eye on registration deadlines!
JENN: Whew, okay. Time for the first roundup of the new year - much backlog!
- It's a Marathon AND a Sprint has info on discrepancies between course length and GPS stats.
- Live, Run, Grow has suggestions regarding race travel recovery.
- Run Eat Repeat highlights cheap running gear.
- Fairytales and Fitness fights against soreness.
- We Run Disney offers track workouts for speed. Which I should try
- Elbowglitter discusses the weirdness that is cheating at runDisney races.
- Running at Disney describes the medal distribution experience.
- Disney Food Blog has resort-available snack suggestions for your runDisney needs.
- This Happy Place has the lowdown on our Art of Animation suite.
- Capturing Magical Memories runs an interesting Disney transportation experiment.
- Tackle the new FastPass+ system with the help of the Disney Tourist Blog.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!