MOON: The week was good running-wise. Yesterday I experienced extreme hunger and the only culprit could be maybe too much running and/or too little caloric intake. Has that ever happened to you?
JENN: I'm often super hungry the day after a big run, yeah. After all, you've got muscles to build up!
JENN: Granola is pretty delicious.
MOON: Well, yes. It IS ginger granola, after all. And it is delicious. How was your week?
JENN: Pretty good. I actually made my 30 mile a week Wishful Thinking goal! I did a 14 miler on Thursday and while it was hardly my best work I soldiered through.
This week, however, is Mostly Rest Week. I have my ballet performance this weekend, which means tech week this week, which means being at the ballet studio or the theater almost every single day. I only have Tuesday off, so rather than exhaust myself by attempting to double up with early mornings or late nights, I'm just going to do one run this week.
Last year during this time I didn't run at all, but since I'm not feeling quite as burned out as I did then I figure one run will be good to keep conditioning up.
MOON: Oh, riiiight! What ballet are you doing this year?
JENN: Persephone; I'm a denizen of Hades. I can't say I'm super comfortable with the role - I don't do menacing well - but whatever. It'll be over soon!
I was actually going to take the week off from posting to the blog, too, but there's a TON of stuff to talk about so I'm going to do at least one more post, maybe two. Julie Andrews and marathon news coming!
MOON: Cooooooool!I'm pretty close to making a marathon announcement official/
JENN: Yay! You'll definitely have to do an Announcement Post. :D
And now for the roundup portion of this post.
- Mom's Magical Miles runs despite, oh, lots of stuff. ;) So does Darlin' Rae.
- Fairytales & Fitness makes a distinction between marathons and 5Ks.
- Fit2Flex finally reveals the BEST diet!
- I Run for Wine has the lowdown on all your runDisney race registration dates. Don't forget that Marathon Weekend opens today!
- Pink Elephant on Parade offers a peek inside the mind of someone who just finished a marathon.
- Mouse on the Mind is way into the new hub. Can't wait to see it in November!
- GET OFF THE DISNEY TOURIST BLOG'S LAWN.
- Sparkly Ever After makes the cutest CM thank you cards.
- Living A Disney Life will give your Disney restaurants two chances.
- Theme Park Insider keeps your cell phone juiced.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!