MOON: It's been rather uneventful. Last week was the gloomiest week in recent history. They were handing out sand bags because of the hurricane. o_O I thought about investing in a boat, even.
JENN: I hear running the track on cruise ships is good fun. Depending on how entrepreneurial you were planning on being with this purchase.
MOON: Ha, I'm not sure I can go that deep. I was thinking a kayak or something. Should Pratt St. go under.
|Like this, only not in WDW, so WAY less awesome.|
MOON: Oh, I do. I'm just stating the gloom in general. Even when I'm in the UK it's not as gloomy and wet as it was last week.
JENN: Should be nicer next week, though! Running plans?
MOON: Hopefully straight through the city. :) How was your week?
JENN: Eh, okay. Last week was largely about 20 Miler recovery - kinda slow with some replacement walks.
Looking ahead, I bought some new sneakers in BOTH styles this week so I plan to test them out on my final 13 miler before the Marine Corps Marathon.
MOON: My goodness. That is a full schedule. And new sneakers is awesome! What did you go with?
JENN: I got one of my pair of my current Nikes and one pair of my old standby Brooks Ravenna 6s; I'm thinking the former are for shorter runs and the latter are for longer.
MOON: Interesting. What do you find you need more in longer runs that the Nikes don't provide?
JENN: Cushioning and support - my 20 Miler last week was pretty cruddy.
But never fear, we now turn our attention to better things: the roundup!
- We Run Disney sympathizes with the Boston almosts.
- The Run Streak ponders running fuel.
- Elbowglitter makes a great point about bodies.
- The Disney Hipsters know that the first day of vacation is the best day. I'm not alone!
- The Main Street Gazette is also sad about recent Disney park price increases.
- Get used to lots of Disney food coverage while Epcot's Food & Wine Festival is going on! This week we've got reports from On the Go in MCO and easyWDW, plus a bonus Disney mixology post from Capturing Magical Memories.
Jenn is running the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon for the Diabetes Action Team. Will you help her earn her bib while fighting diabetes? Click here to make your tax-deductible donation.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!