Hmm? What? My training? Oh. Well. The week after the marathon I pretty much took off. I've started running again, but given that my Achilles injury has being holding me back for a couple months I want to make sure I ease in rather than immediately start doing speed runs and virtual halves.
The end result is, of course, the third month in a row when I won't be hitting 100 miles total. This used to be unheard of. Positively unthinkable. And I can't say it isn't messing with my mind a little. BUT. I am holding to my gentle ramp up plan because I am forcing myself to recognize that it's more important to ease my transition.
And now for the real reason we're all here: the roundup.
- Lots of marathon talk and recaps from The Disney Tourist Blog, From Dancing to Running, Elbowglitter, Fairytales and Fitness, and Live Run Grow to name a few. (If I missed yours, sound off in the comments!)
- Back at Square Zero talks running goal selection.
- Peanut Butter Fingers rounds up some great fitness apps.
- The Disney Blog eats ALL THE JUNK FOOD.
- At Disney Again has the scoop on the new Symphony in the Stars at the Studios.
- The Disney Hipsters share their feelings on the Wishes dessert party.
- Walt Disney World for Grownups gets up early at WDW.
- Parkeology brings us the latest news from
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!