For those who may not remember: Cheater's Recipes are barely recipes. They're more like assembly instructions, really. They're for people who are low on time or materials or are just not feeling ACTUAL cooking. Ultimate Example: grilled cheese using a pop-up toaster and microwave. Yeah.
Anyway: here's a new lunch option for you!
This Cheater's Recipe goes out to that time the office kitchen was out of salt.
The Cheater's Avocado Sushi Bagel
You will need:
- A bagel (although two slices of bread will also work fine)
- A ripe avocado
- Soy sauce
- Optional: diced tomato, onion, or other additional vegetables
- Optional: hummus
- Pop your bagel in the toaster.
- While your carbs are subjected to fire, scoop out your avocado's innards and mash them in a bowl until they're a creamy consistency. If you want to add those extra diced veggies, mix them in here.
- Put your toasted bagel on a plate. If you want to add hummus, spread some on first, then layer on your avocado mixture. If not, proceed directly to slathering the avocado all over your bagel.
- Garnish liberally with soy sauce. I mean, plain salt will amp up the taste too, but the soy sauce is what makes it a sushi bagel, plus it's a great option if you're out of salt but the office kitchen has soy sauce in the fridge (story of my life).
|Very few cheater's recipes are photogenic.|
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!