This week: tapering for the National Capital 20 Miler. Last week: tapering for the aforementioned Navy-Air Force Half. Let's roll the tape:
Sunday | rest
Monday | ran 9.01 miles on the treadmill in 1:30
In retrospect I may have pushed this a little too hard for a taper. Thoughts?
Tuesday | walked 2.08 miles outside; 75 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran 7.07 miles in 1:15
Realized about halfway through my run that I was wearing the wrong sneakers. These were the most recently retired. Oh well; one more gentle-ish run shouldn't hurt.
Thursday | walked 2.12 miles outside; 75 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 4.38 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Saturday | rest
Walked a bunch, though - to the Metro and back for the NAF Half race expo, although said expo was pretty lackluster. Cramped and hardly any vendors. I did snag myself a hoodie, which is too large as it is designed for men but the women's version was much thinner and I ain't about a less fleece-y life.
So that's that. Roundup time!
- Back at Square Zero schools us all on post-race recovery.
- The Magic of Running knows how to boost running motivation.
- An Open Suitcase shares WDW's official rules.
- The Disney Tourist Blog shares some interesting Disney urban legends. I believed the tattoo one myself.
- easyWDW begins his comprehensive coverage of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival.
- Disney Dork Tom considers your WDW transportation options.
- The Disney Hipsters drink WDW beverages both sacred and profane.
- Mouse on the Mind gets room service on the Disney Dream.
- This Fairytale Life has all the details on Disney's latest mobile game.
- Living A Disney Life makes a super-cute WDW countdown calendar.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!