The Rock 'n Roll Marathon DC, to be exact, a race I had previously rejected due to March's unpredictable weather patterns. But since I survived the frigid temperatures of the WDW Marathon, I'm now a little more willing to take my chances.
The clincher, though, was getting a Groupon offering a marathon bib for a mere $100 AND a further discount code that brought the cost down to $80. For a marathon. runDisney this is not.
Which of course means that it might not be as fun as runDisney. Or Marine Corps, for that matter. I'm a little nervous. But I want another shot at a PR, so I'm taking the chance. I could've gone for the half, but go big or go home, right?
Now is probably a good time to see if my training can sustain a marathon in two months.
Sunday | rest
Monday | ran 11.37 miles on the treadmill in 1:55
Tuesday | walked 2.08 miles outside; 70 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran 11.15 miles outside 2:00
Working on this whole "running outside" thing. When the circumstances are right, mind. This particular day the weather was comparatively mild and I was going into work late; it's too dark for my comfort to run very early right now.
Thursday | walked 2.12 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 5.35 miles in 60 minutes
Also I saw John Cleese speak. You know. Whatevs.
|Although you did start it. You invaded Poland.|
I can work with this. I'm gonna top out with a 17 miler because I like to live dangerously, but I think I can make it happen.
- Just Me & My Running Shoes tests different brands of kinesio tape.
- Elbowglitter keeps motivation up in the off-season.
- Sparkly Runner man an impromptu aid station the "Unofficial" WDW Half Marathon.
- More Festival of the Arts food both reviews come courtesy of easy WDW.
- Main Street Gazette enjoys the Brown Derby Lounge margarita flight. I've had this and I loved it!
- The Disney Hipsters consider Tiffins from a vegetarian angle.
- Disney In Your Day attends Club Villain.
- Disney Nerds went to Aulani and didn't take me and that's just RUDE.
- Rolling with the Magic eats at Disney Springs' Morimoto Asia.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!