Sunday | rest
We had a couple friends over for the Superb Owl. Still maintain I would much prefer a Superb Owl.
Monday | ran 17.49 miles on the treadmill in 2:55
Perhaps you are thinking: maxing out at 17 miles and change before a marathon? That's IT? What is wrong with you??? But I'm thinking I may be on to something; see this post. Plus I felt strong the whole run, and at the end I was positive I could have totally kept going if I wanted to. That's the key, right? We'll see what happens, but I have a good feeling about this race. Now excuse me while I knock on every wooden object I can see.
|Seems about right.|
It was weirdly nice outside.
Wednesday | ran 7.22 miles on the treadmill in 1:15; walked 2.18 miles in 35 minutes
Normally I don't do my walks and runs on the same day, but it was still pretty nice out and the next couple days were predicted to be cold and terrible. So I doubled up.
Thursday | 70 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 5.43 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
Saturday | rest
Went to some friends' engagement party. Brought presents for their dog.
Pat read something on the WDW subreddit about someone getting bumped from Port Orleans (didn't specify which) to the Contemporary. He expressed hope that such a thing might happen to us. I've been laughing for the past three days.
Okay, actually, if such things happen we're in a prime spot for it: we're arriving at the tail end of Easter break. Overbooking is possible. But I'm not holding my breath. Out of curiosity, though, anyone ever have it happen to them? I've heard of people being miraculously in club level but never being punted to the next resort tier.
Right, so, roundup:
- Speaking of Port Orleans, The Disney Tourist Blog is making me feel really good about my upcoming stay at Riverside.
- easyWDW catches a preview of Rivers of Light. Now I'm wondering if I SHOULD get a dining package after all...
- A Pinch of Pixie Dust reviews Epcot's Festival of the Arts.
- The Main Street Gazette draws a line from Jock Lindsey's to the Adventurer's Club.
- Disney In Your Day pairs wine with Disney movies and is definitely invited to my next slumber party.
- This Fairytale Life makes super-cute heart Minnie ears.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!