Yup, my old injury has reared its ugly, ugly head. Mind you, I probably shouldn't've run a 14 miler when I suspected something might be up with it again, but it was on the schedule, okay? WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO??? (Rest. Right. Yeah. Whatever.)
The good news is - and I'm gonna go find a giant hunk of wood and knock on it eight to twelve times - the judicious application of KT Tape, an extra rest day or two, and slightly curtailed mileage seems to have tamed the beast. Here's hoping it keeps up; I don't want to run another marathon injured.
Sunday | ran 5.12 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Cold and rainy weather drove me inside, so I made a speed run out of it.
Monday | walked 2.06 miles outside in 35 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Tuesday | ran 5.26 miles on the treadmill in 55 minutes
Oy with the weather already!
Snuck this one past the meteorologists by running AFTER work. I didn't love having it hanging over my head all day but I was a fan of sleeping in.
Thursday | walked 2.33 miles outside in 35 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 14.07 miles on the treadmill in 2:25
As I said above, I should probably have just saved this run for later, but doing so would've torn my carefully constructed marathon training plan asunder, so I took a shot. Hopefully it doesn't backfire?
I had wanted to attempt this outside, but again... RAIN. ICE. WEATHER. I really need to just move to Orlando already. Two out of two Edison employees agree!
- The Runner's Guide to WDW schools runDisney n00bs on what to expect on race day.
- The purple whales of DCA's carousel swim free, and Parkeology mourns. (And so does Moon.)
- Also in DCA, This Fairy Tale Life checks out the Lunar New Year celebrations.
- The Disney Tourist Blog reviews DVC's special Moonlight Magic event. So jealous of the hyena photos!
- A Pinch Of Pixie Dust swans around Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
- The Main Street Gazette theoretically tinkers with WDW's nighttime spectaculars.
- Passport To Dreams Old & New takes another deep dive into the history of WDW's background music.
- easyWDW revisits lunch at the California Grill. (I tried to show this to Pat; all he saw was the post title and immediately declared himself in favor.)
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. See ya real soon!