To back up - I am a breakfast person. I like breakfast. I want breakfast. Ninety-five percent of the time I get out of bed ready for breakfast. But it isn't always easy to put together a delicious, filling breakfast that can easily come to work with me and keep me full until lunch time.
I'm still working on the latter. But the former is going well. I present you with: peanut butter honey Greek yogurt.
WAIT COME BACK. I know it's not a fancy-pants "recipe," and I know you can just buy flavored yogurt wherever, but peanut butter yogurt? No. Also, it's hard to control the sugar content of regular flavored Greek yogurt. Also also, when is more protein ever enough?
PEANUT BUTTER & HONEY GREEK YOGURT
You will need:
- Two tablespoons of a powdered peanut butter like PB2
- One package of plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani but do whatever makes you happy)
- Nuts like peanuts or almonds (optional)
- Open up the yogurt container and, if possible, make a little crater in your yogurt.
- Pour ONE tablespoon of powdered peanut butter into the crater and CAREFULLY mix. This stuff has a habit of flying everywhere, so make sure you've cautiously incorporated all the powder before moving on to the next step.
- Okay, NOW add the second tablespoon. Don't get cocky about mixing slowly.
- Add a dollop of honey to taste and combine.
- Finally, if you'd like, add some nuts for crunchiness.
There you have it! It's so simple it hardly even seems worth sharing, but I couldn't bear not spreading the joy of peanut butter yogurt across the galaxy.
What's your go-to breakfast?