However, my Figment-y dip into modest costuming has made me hungry for personalized shout-outs from spectators. My Minnie ears are not enough because half the people on the course are Minnie Mouse. But if I can make it clear I'm channeling a character and put enough distance between me and the next Cheshire cat to know that encouraging cry was meant for me? That's the business!
Nothing groundbreaking, of course, but I'm pleased with my spread all the same. Bonus: my trip companion Erika might run as Alice for the 10K!
I would never leave you hanging if you want to make any of these items your items:
- The sequined cat ears are from Forever 21. They don't have these exact ears anymore but they do have an alternate selection.
- The Cheshire cat dress is from Hot Topic. Unfortunately it's no longer available but resellers might have it.
- The shorts are from Target's C9 by Champion line. These are similar.
- The mint green lace mouse ears are from Hot Topic. I pondered getting some more personalized Little Mermaid ears but elected to save the money. I think these are right for the Ariel color scheme, at the very least. Unfortunately they're no longer available but resellers might have them.
- The Ariel workout tank is from Hot Topic; note that it runs VERY big - hence the fit-altering knot in the front. Although now that I've figured that out I think it's a cute look. Unfortunately it's no longer available but resellers might have it.
- The running pants are from Victoria's Secret Sport and are my new favorite! They have a waistband key pocket AND side pockets.
I can't wait to slip these babies on at 2:45am and pound some magical pavement!
Are you running Wine & Dine? Will you be wearing a costume?