Another thing I'm way behind on: The Barkley Marathons. I know they've been a huge thing since that one documentary in 2014, but when news reports of the 2019 version once again lauded its incredible toughness (no one finished for the second year in a row) I finally decided to take a second look. And boy howdy, it is fascinating.
The original documentary, The Race That Eats Its Young, is no longer on Netflix, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon it on YouTube yesterday morning. By that evening it had been pulled for copyright infringement. Right place, right time for me, but unfortunately I can't share it.
However! There's another, more recent YouTube documentary that, if not as explanatory, is just as interesting and soul-destroying. Please enjoy this account of Gary Robbins' attempts to finish. The ending rips out your heart and stomps all over it. You'll love it!
And now for the roundup:
- easyWDW tries out the new VIP Taste of the Magic Kingdom tour.
- The Tomorrow Society continues its deep dive into Spaceship Earth's scenes.
- Living A Disney Life considers although those recent internet-breaking Disney parks rule changes.
- EPBOT explores this year's Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
- WDW For Grownups selects the best cookies WDW has to offer.
- This Fairy Tale Life tries out a Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure.
Don't forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!