I stopped celebrating this blog's birthday a couple years in (it's in July, if you're wondering, and we're currently over seven years on). After a while, with no 5 or 0 on the end of the number, it felt kinda redundant. But something about 1,000 posts feels like it warrants some mention, so here we are. This is my one thousandth post! You're reading it right now!
I would like to thank:
- my brain, for refusing to stop thinking and rethinking things until I exorcise them by writing them down
- my body, for letting me continue to run and even improve at running despite the fact that I never thought myself a natural athlete
- runDisney, for giving me a reason to live (best day ever)
- Disney parks, which aren't always perfectly run but I nevertheless love with my whole heart. I feel like I belong somewhere every time I'm there
- my readers - while I'd hardly call this blog wildly popular, I like to think I have a core loyal following. My domain briefly fell off for like a day a year ago because I was having trouble getting my renewal to work; someone immediately tweeted at me asking what was up because they "weren't ready for it to be over" and that's exactly the sort of thing that warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart. If you're reading this, know I appreciate every one of you for real!
I know that over the last year I haven't posted with the same breakneck frequency that I used to, but don't worry - I don't anticipate this blog going away anytime soon. After all, where would I put my race recaps and needlessly detailed trip reports? You can either open up the window and shout into the void, or you can do it on the internet. I choose the internet, here.
So here's to a thousand more posts! Because you can't get rid of me that easily.
Don't forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall. It would thrill me extremely if you would leave a comment with any questions or thoughts. See ya real soon!