Here’s a rare circumstance: I’m going to recommend you read this week’s training log. It gets interesting toward the end.
Sunday | ran 5.12 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Speed run! Also I burned my leg and hand a bit making pancakes. It’s a long story which I mention because it is a harbinger of things to come.
Monday | walked 2.55 miles outside in 40 minutes; 50 minute ballet class
Tuesday | ran 10.48 miles outside in 1:50
Wednesday | walked 2.11 miles outside in 35 minutes; 50 minute ballet class
Thursday | ran 10.15 miles outside in 1:50
Annnnnd here’s where it gets interesting. Mile 4, zoned out, a little tired but doing all right. Realize I’d zoned out during my walk break and gone a touch too long; my subconscious starts up my running gait without first consulting my senses. Which is why, in the face of a slight but unequivocally existent incline, I didn’t pick up my feet high enough, tripped, flailed like a Goofy sports cartoon (synergy), and took a header off the sidewalk right into the asphalt.
My right arm: scrapes on my fingers and elbow, road rash along my forearm. My right knee: scraped on top, bruise on the inside. My left knee: GOUGED, although I didn’t realize the extent of the damage because it was just covered by my now very slightly, very gently, but very definitely shredded capris. But! Bones, joints, tendons, muscles, etc.: all good!
So I popped up, gave a thumbs up to the passing pickup truck that had slowed to a stop in case I was, in fact, dead, and ran six more miles. Because I did NOT get up at 5:40am for the privilege of taking off my top layer of skin and going home.
Meanwhile I avoid cleaning my bathroom because it seems insurmountable. The runner brain works in mysterious ways.
Friday | rest
Because, uh, yeah.
Saturday | rest
Went to see Flogging Molly live because Irish folk punk rock trumps oozing knee scabs. (Which I politely covered in bandages for the occasion because I’m not a COMPLETE rube.)
I’d say that epic will do nicely for now, so let’s move on to the Twilight Bark.
– Elbowglitter reflects on how to a handle a bad race.
– Back At Square Zero reveals the lie that is the affordability of running.
– Just Me & My Running Shoes fosters running hustle.
– Fairytales & Fitness offers a listing of zoo runs around the country. None of which are near me, boo.
– Disney In Your Day assembles a Moana running costume.
– This Fairytale Life has the scoop on this new Lularoe/Disney collaboration. Based on what I’ve heard of Lularoe, I’m intrigued but also scared?
– easyWDW checks out World Showcase’s Wine Walk experience. Elizabeth and I did this a long time ago and it sounds like the price has gone up with very little plussing of the experience. Once again I’m glad Josh did it so I don’t have to.
– Living A Disney Life chills in the Gorilla Falls aviary. If Disney sold those birdhouses I’d buy one.
– EPBOT DIYs an awesome Epcot tee.
– Rolling with the Magic reiterates that WDW is awesome for people of all abilities.
Don’t forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!