Sooo I waffled back and forth about whether to post this, but here we are.
- Give Disney a chance to figure out the themeing and location because Splash Mountain isn’t perfectly placed as is.
- I’m confident Tony Baxter won’t let anything terrible happen to an attraction he pioneered. At the very least, see what he comes up with, along with what I can only assume is an amazing team of Imagineers.
- The Princess and the Frog is a great movie with some FIRE music and the concept art looks pretty appealing! Sure, there’s a princess in the title but Mardi Gras fun should be perfectly accessible to boys. As we tell kids about just about everything else in life: try it; you might like it!
- If I can get past my seething hatred for Avatar and take some begrudging pleasure in Pandora’s rides, you can do it too.
- And finally: however hard Disney may have tried in the past to sidestep the more unsavory aspects of the movie, Song of the South can’t help but impart at least some of its racist undertones upon Splash Mountain’s story. Walt wanted his parks to be for EVERYONE to enjoy. That can only come to pass by learning, growing, and making changes in the name of social enlightenment – yes, even when it comes to classic attractions. Your sore nostalgia gland has nothing on the pain of systemic racism. No one should ever feel sad and/or uncomfortable at Walt Disney World! What the hell do you think this is, real life???