JENN: Sooooo. Running! How is it?
MOON: This week hasn’t been super exciting with scheduled workouts. Buuuut, there are some stories.
JENN: Ooh, I love stories!
MOON: So, there was a water tubing trip on Sunday. Long story short, we had a problem with the cars. You’re supposed to have one car at the starting point and one at the end (so you can drive yourselves back to the other car later).
Well, the girls were waiting for the boys to return and we got a text that the rangers weren’t allowing anymore parking, so they had to walk to us. It was only about 2 miles, but still takes a while.
I got antsy and decided to go meet them and then thought, “I can run this in 16 minutes…”
JENN: Ooooooh. I like your chutzpah!
MOON: “Oh yeah, in flip flops. No big deal.”
In the end, I jogged in the flip flops and gave up (sorry, it’s a bit of a dud story!!).
But, then we got in the water and I ran into a tree… and then got whacked off my tube by another tree branch.
JENN: That’s some serious arboreal revenge. Did you chop anything down lately?
MOON: Noooope. Anyway, how was your week?
JENN: Not bad. Managed to get all my mileage in, although I didn’t run outside at all. I plan to make up for that this week. I’m feeling better. Not up to my highest levels, but better. My knee has been behaving decently, too. Small victories!
JENN: Nothing as exciting as running in flip flops, mind you.
MOON: Well, it’s not thhhhhat exciting.
JENN: I mean, barefoot running is already a thing. Maybe you’re the vanguard of the next new running innovation.
|Pictured: the next new running innovation.|
And now for some vanguards of blogging.
– Pink Elephant on Parade offers some 100% SERIOUS summer running tips.
– The Run Streak points out that all speeds are good speeds.
– Half Crazy Mama ponders the running tips she wishes she knew from the start.
– Run Eat Repeat makes a protein smoothie out of the best food, aka peanut butter.
– Rolling with the Magic enjoys afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. We love that tea!
– Theme Park Insider has the scoop on our quasi-DC-local park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and the backstage coaster tour.
– The Disney Hipsters offer three caballeros, three gay caballeros, they say we are birds of a feather.
Don’t forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn’s dailymile here and Moon’s dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!