Whew! Survived my first race of the fall season and didn’t even cry once. How’s that for good beginnings? (Race recap to come, of course.)
This week: tapering for the National Capital 20 Miler. Last week: tapering for the aforementioned Navy-Air Force Half. Let’s roll the tape:
Sunday | rest
Monday | ran 9.01 miles on the treadmill in 1:30
In retrospect I may have pushed this a little too hard for a taper. Thoughts?
Tuesday | walked 2.08 miles outside; 75 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran 7.07 miles in 1:15
Realized about halfway through my run that I was wearing the wrong sneakers. These were the most recently retired. Oh well; one more gentle-ish run shouldn’t hurt.
Thursday | walked 2.12 miles outside; 75 minute ballet class
Friday | ran 4.38 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Saturday | rest
Walked a bunch, though – to the Metro and back for the NAF Half race expo, although said expo was pretty lackluster. Cramped and hardly any vendors. I did snag myself a hoodie, which is too large as it is designed for men but the women’s version was much thinner and I ain’t about a less fleece-y life.
So that’s that. Roundup time!
– Back at Square Zero schools us all on post-race recovery.
– The Magic of Running knows how to boost running motivation.
– An Open Suitcase shares WDW’s official rules.
– The Disney Tourist Blog shares some interesting Disney urban legends. I believed the tattoo one myself.
– easyWDW begins his comprehensive coverage of Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival.
– Disney Dork Tom considers your WDW transportation options.
– The Disney Hipsters drink WDW beverages both sacred and profane.
– Mouse on the Mind gets room service on the Disney Dream.
– This Fairytale Life has all the details on Disney’s latest mobile game.
– Living A Disney Life makes a super-cute WDW countdown calendar.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!