Surprised? I was too. Once my schedule is set I'm not generally in the market for additions. But this is an unusual race: it's the inaugural Run & Ride 10k at Kings Dominion amusement park in Virginia!
As a major added bonus, registration includes admission to the park. Despite its reasonably close proximity, I've never been to Kings Dominion (we've always breezed on by in favor of Busch Gardens Williamsburg). I'm excited to give their roller coasters a go.
Anyway. There's that. But more importantly: there's this: there's also a 5k option, and Elizabeth has signed up for it! Yes, we shall each run a race, freshen up, and hop into the park together!
The races (10k, 5k, and a 1 mile fun run) are on May 22 and as far as I'm aware the code ACTIVESAVE15 will still net you 15% off if you're interested. The Run & Ride race series stops in other amusement parks too; click here to check 'em all out.
Woo! I'm excited! But I feel by this point I've made so many changes I really ought to update my race schedule. Here's what I'll be running really (knock on wood).
- Run & Ride Kings Dominion 10K, May 22
- ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon, June 4
- Tessitura Network 5K (Maybe; depends on whether I go to the conference), sometime in August
- Navy-Air Force Half Marathon, September 18
- National Capital 20 Miler, September 25
- Marine Corps Marathon, October 30
- Wine & Dine Half Marathon, November 5
- 2017 BONUS: WDW Marathon, January 8
Who's running with me?!
Don't forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn's dailymile here and Moon's dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!