JENN: Let me start by saying I HAVE NEW SNEAKERS.
MOON: Yay! Did you pick a new style?
JENN: Nope, stuck with the Brooks Ravennas.
MOON: Did you try anything new?
JENN: I haven’t experienced any knee or hip pain with them – at least not, as far as I can tell, because of them – so I’m keeping ’em for now. I will detail the wonder of their speedy and fiscally responsible arrival later this week, but let me just say now that they are PURPLE with NEON YELLOW LACES. Magnificent. Why be staid we you can be eye-searing?
MOON: Haha, nice!
JENN: How was your training last week?
MOON: Not too bad, not too great. Kinda… eh?
JENN: Right there with you.
MOON: I’m confident you’ll have renewed motivation this week!
JENN: I have great hope that my new sneakers will help with this. And that someone will develop a pill so that I can nap while running at top speeds.
MOON: Ha, a story about that.
JENN: You can nap while running?! TEACH ME.
MOON: So, Ambien. You know my sleeping problems. And this is probably delving into areas not for the public blososphere, but if you take the pill and don’t go to sleep immediately, you tend to stay awake. Buuuut, you won’t remember. This happened twice this week. I didn’t do it intentionally, of course. The pill just doesn’t work well for me.
JENN: Hmmm. Were they good runs?
MOON: Oh, I didn’t run (that I know of). Next time you’re over, maybe we can give it a whirl as long as you supervise. For science!
JENN: Ah, good. We’ve reached the gritty drug abuse portion of our blog evolution.
MOON: Every blog has to go there eventually.
JENN: Indeed. Well, on to the roundup then.
– Everyone’s up in arms about the new runDisney policy forbidding packet pickup by proxy, but Margarita, Miles & the Mouse told me first so here’s that post.
– Fairytales & Fitness recommends the races that offer the best value.
– For the Love of Disney Running describes what it’s like to chEAR!
– Running Toward the Prize discusses learning to increase speed – lord knows I need the help.
– MousePlanet considers what it takes to be Dopey.
– The Disney Hipsters talk about – SQUIRREL!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!