JENN: So – how was your training this week?
MOON: Remarkably uneventful, but steady.
JENN: Sounds like an improvement! I had a much better run on Tuesday and then a much worse run on Thursday, so I’m not quite sure where I stand.
I’m running the 17.75K – a skosh over 11 miles – on Saturday so I think I might mostly walk this week. Try to get the legs back.
MOON: Oh, yay! Good luck!
MOON: Walking will probably be a nice break before the race
JENN: How are things otherwise? New music? New sneakers? Anything fun?! It’s been dreary and rainy for DAYS and I’m desperate for something cheery…
MOON: Hmm… It HAS been dreary! Let’s see… Christian and I are making kimchi?!
JENN: Ooh! Spicy-nice!
MOON: It has to sit out for the next few days. My kitchen smells lovely.
JENN: Ah, cabbage.
MOON: He had some fermented soy beans and my goodness it was the smell of… if feet had butts.
JENN: Makes you wonder how this stuff got started… desperation, I guess. I mean, clearly kimchi is tasty, but some serious leaps of faith had to be made to get to the first batch.
|Kimchi dog from last year’s Food & Wine Festival.
Photo from Eating WDW’s excellent review.
MOON: I suppose something to do with methods of preserving foods?
JENN: Indeed. Speaking of fermentation – TO THE ROUNDUP!
– Snag some race-day travel tips from Running at Disney.
– We Run Disney ponders the core values of the running community.
– Stay safe during your training with Running Toward the Prize.
– Find ways to collect and display your running memories with The Runner’s Guide to WDW.
– Run Eat Repeat concentrates on the good when it comes to weight loss.
– Fairytales and Fitness points out that there’s no shame in the running game.
– Pink Elephant on Parade coaches us all in our Dopey training.
– And finally, I literally NEVER paint my fingernails, but you simply must check out these amazing Up nails from Sparkly Ever After.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!