JENN: So how was your week? I know you did some pre-Cherry Blossom Ten Miler training runs.
MOON: I did! I think, all in all, I did three trial runs. Each trial was better than the last, but Saturday and Sunday is another story. How was your week?
JENN: Eh. My practice runs weren’t very good but what’re ya gonna do. It’s been that weird in-between inching-toward-spring weather and I think every time it swings back to rainy and chilly my body freaks out a little.
MOON: My morale definitely suffers from stupid weather. :/
JENN: We’ll talk more about the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler itself in our recaps, but you wanna review the expo real quick? You saw more of it than I did.
MOON: Hmm, I was actually surprised there was an expo? I’m not exactly sure why… There was a certain amount of gear available for purchase, but I didn’t find anything particularly striking… >_> annnnd the expo was much more organized than the actual run, but I suppose I’ll hold it for now.
JENN: Haha, yeah…You find any calf sleeves?
MOON: I did, but without a discount, I decided to just stick with the pair I have
JENN: Indeed – I’ve never really found many impressive expo discounts, although admittedly I don’t search too hard since I tend to get overwhelmed. I feel like the internet is a better bet.
JENN: I’d brought Pat along with me because he loves the National Building Museum, but it was SO crowded and insane that we were both just like LET’S GET OUT OF HERE AHHH.
|This, FULL OF PEOPLE.|
Packet pickup was smooth, I will say that, although the quarters they held it in were quite crowded.
MOON: Yeah, I couldn’t really understand all the vocal directions in lieu of signs? It kind of made it feel more panicky. I felt sorry for the few people I saw attempting to peruse the museum.
JENN: Ah well. At least it was close to the Metro!
MOON: It was! Very easy to find. 🙂
JENN: I look forward to your race recap!
MOON: Same to you!
JENN: We’ll have more ten miler coverage on the blog this week. In the meantime: roundup!
– Can’t wait? Try Cherry Blossom race recaps from Pink Elephant on Parade and Elbowglitter.
– Why I runDisney offers advice for runners just starting out.
– Running Through the Castle understands the importance of recovery days.
– At Mom’s Magical Miles, it’s all about that butt. Holla!
– And more body image power can be found at Sparkly Runner.
– My Disney Addiction sets her sights on Disneyland.
– Headed to the Wine & Dine Half with me? easyWDW has the November operating schedule.
– And for those who were at the last WDW Marathon Weekend, Disney Every Day has your stats.
– Inside the Magic has some interesting FastPass+ strategies.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!