I was at a conference last Sunday afternoon through Thursday morning, so my schedule was a bit discombobulated – no lunchtime walks and in some cases unfamiliar running territory. I did do a fair amount of power-walking around the conference center, though, which added to my daily count step even if it’s not GPS official. Here’s how all the official stuff went down:
Sunday | ran 14.22 miles on the treadmill in 2:25
Woke up to the exciting realization that I was getting Pat’s cold, but I had 14 miles on the schedule and BY GOD I WAS RUNNING 14 MILES. So I did. And it actually went pretty well, which makes me feel optimistic about my 16 miler next week when I hopefully will not feel my ears when I swallow. But the rule is that if all your symptoms are above your chest, you’re cool, right?
Monday | ran 3.53 miles on the treadmill in 40 minutes
Cold moved away from my throat so I did this run as planned. Sad that this hotel gym did not have flavored water like last year’s.
Tuesday | Conference 5K in National Harbor; 3.1 miles in 33 minutes
Wednesday | rest
I had planned 4-5 miles AND a ballet class, but my cold had progressed to Coughing Mode and I elected to sleep in and chill my night away.
Thursday | ran 5.41 miles on the treadmill in 1:00
I had planned to go to ballet this night too, and technically I COULD have done it – but I was post-conference tired and kind of still in recovery mode so I wimped out. I’ll get back on track next week.
Friday | ran 5.91 miles on the treadmill in 1:05
Saturday | rest
Monday is my 16 miler. Send good thoughts.
|YOU WILL NOT OUTNERD ME|
Okay. Roundup time!
– Fairytales & Fitness gets the most out of the act of running races.
– Back At Square Zero knows how to build a comprehensive training plan.
– Mouse on the Mind gets her Imagination Pavilion on…
– … and so does The Disney Tourist Blog.
– Living A Disney Life assembles some purposeful WDW day bags.
– Sparkly Ever After takes a VIP WDW tour.
– The Disney Hipsters are back with more Last Photos in Epcot.
– Disney In Your Day enjoys the best drinks WDW has to offer.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!