I did it! I did it! My twenty-miler is BEHIND ME. Take that, marathon training cycle! It’s all downhill from here, baby!
All of which is to say that on Sunday I ran the National Capital 20 Miler and it wasn’t nearly as terrible as last year. Review to come, of course. The rest of this week I’ll be taking it easy, then I’ll ramp things up a little bit before my final taper into the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. AND THEN WINE & DINE HOORAAAAAY
Here’s how last week’s training went down:
Sunday | Navy-Air Force Half Marathon, 13.23 miles in 2:11 and change according to my watch
This race was pretty humid but otherwise I think I put in a decent showing.
Monday | 75 minute ballet class
Tuesday | ran 7.08 miles in the treadmill in 1:15
Also I saw Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds. You know, whatevs. (Although really the tour should be called Al Jardine and His Son Perform Pet Sounds And Also Brian Wilson Is There And He Sings A Little, Kind Of, Don’t Worry About It)
Wednesday | walked 2.06 miles outside in 35 minutes; 80 minute ballet class
Thursday | ran 4.16 miles in 50 minutes
Friday | rest
I had planned to go for a walk but ended up taking a half day from work to head to a family thing early. Walked about 3 miles on Ocean City’s boardwalk, though!
Saturday | rest
Another 6.5 miles walking on the boardwalk, but I didn’t GPS it so according to my system it doesn’t count. Light warmup for my twenty miles the next day!
And now: the roundup.
– Fall notwithstanding, I Run for Wine puts together a hot-weather running outfit.
– Fairytales & Fitness ponders the incredible speed of race walkers.
– Back at Square Zero know how to train for a tough weather race.
– On the Go in MCO points out the cats of Disney movies.
– Disney In Your Day offers some unique WDW tips.
– Capturing Magical Memories does the VIP Food & Wine Festival tour.
– easyWDW continues the yeoman’s work of reviewing ALL the F&W Festival foods.
– EPBOT has introvert problems. AND SO DO I.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!