I feel like I spend so much time training for fall races, and then when those races arrive I run less than ever. Which makes sense, what with tapering and all that, but it’s kinda weird sometimes. Anyway, here’s last week’s runs:
Sunday | rest
I was gonna run this day, but it was dreary and rainy and I elected to put it off. No harm done.
Monday | 11.05 miles on the treadmill in 1:55
Not gonna lie, guys. This week was rough. My legs were pretty lukewarm about the whole running thing. I mean, I got it all done, but it wasn’t awesome.
Tuesday | walked 2.16 miles outside in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran 9.58 miles on the treadmill in 1:40
Thursday | ran 5.28 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes; walked 2.07 miles outside in 35 minutes
Normally this would be a non-running, ballet day, but Pat and I went to Busch Gardens on Friday; we elected to drive up on Thursday and get in a hotel in favor of NOT getting up at the crack of dawn and braving Friday morning beltway traffic. I don’t know how familiar you are with DC’s beltway, but… no.
Friday | walked around Busch Gardens Williamsburg all day
According to my phone, this amounted to about 10 miles. Can’t vouch for the accuracy of that number, but we certainly did traverse the park a great deal. Recap of our experience to come!
Saturday | rest
I managed one more long run this week, but from now on I’m in serious taper mode for the Marine Corps Marathon. Assuming the weather isn’t too terrible, I have a good feeling about this year’s effort!
– Just Me & My Running Shoes ponders that tapering thing I’m so into lately.
– Just in case you need it someday: Sparkly Ever After explains how to weather a hurricane.
– Mouse on the Mind shares some nifty Tim Burton-ized Disney art.
– Disney In Your Day reviews Chez Remy in Disneyland Paris.
– Square Life Around the World ferrets out some Disney freebies.
– The Disney Hipsters outline their favorite Disney character stops. I’ve got Baymax on my radar!
– Living A Disney Life lists park pet peeves.
– Main St. Gazette pokes around inside the history of the Carousel of Progress.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!
I love Busch Gardens! Will look forward to that recap.
It's not too shabby for a non-Disney theme park!
Ahhhhh Busch Gardens…..happy memories of roller coasters and cute beer swilling German dancer guys. It didn't take much when I was a young impressionable 13.
They don't have the German show during Howl-o-scream. 🙁
I used to go to that at the BG down here. LOVED it! Then they sold the company and everything has gone to crap since then…
I'm still mad they got rid of the free beer just when I actually might have been interested!