Hey, remember when I was in WDW? Those were good days… good days.
Sunday | Dark Side Half Marathon, 13.1 miles in 2:14:26 according to the official clock but more like 2:08 and change according to my GPS watch; also walked an additional 17-ish miles around WDW according to my phone
Monday | walked 11.5 miles around WDW according to my phone
Tuesday | walked 9.6 miles around WDW according to my phone
I had originally planned to take a run around POR this morning, but I was so exhausted I thought sleep might be a better call. So I did that.
Wednesday | walked 2.05 miles outside in 35 minutes
Back home. BOO.
Thursday | ran 10.76 miles outside in 1:50; 70 minute ballet class
This is, without question, THE best outdoor training run I have ever had. Am I getting better at hills? Was it just the Disney magic still inside me? I am suspicious. I hope it keeps up.
Friday | ran 4.17 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes
Saturday | rest
Back to the training grind! I have another half at the beginning of June, so taper is just around the corner again…
But it is not a runDisney race. Sadness. I need to go, like, make some pancakes or something.
The Twilight Bark!
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW assembles a runDisney packing list.
– Just Me & My Running Shoes ponders ways to chill post-runDisney race.
– Living A Disney Life grabs a Kona Cafe breakfast that isn’t Tonga Toast. I like the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes better anyway.
– Mouse On The Mind explores the Disney Magic’s Oceaneer Lab.
– Passport to Dreams Old & New dives into what makes something “Disney.”
– The Main Street Gazette experiences a mixed bag at the Brown Derby Lounge. The Derby Cocktail is indeed pretty excellent (more on that to come!).
– I Run for Wine enjoys food photojournalism at Tiffin’s.
– WDW for Grownups assembles a list of the best WDW resort snacks.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!