Ummmmmmm… hold on. Did anything interesting happen to me last week? Somebody tell me.
Training log, you got anything?
Sunday | ran 11.14 miles outside in 2:00
Monday | 2.14 mile walk outside in 35 minutes; 50 minute modern dance class
Tuesday | ran 5.68 miles outside in 60 minutes
Wednesday | walked 2.18 miles outside in 35 minutes; 55 minute workout class
Nobody showed up for hip hop dance class except me, so the teacher and I just said the hell with it and did an, I don’t know, “body pump” kinda workout thing. Good for my arms and abs so I was down for it.
Thursday | ran 5.65 miles outside in 35 minutes
Friday | ran 5.6 miles outside in 60 minutes
SO HUMID, GUYS. (It’s kind of a thing lately and I’m not into it.)
Saturday | rest
When I first started running seriously, I was doing three 10 mile runs a week because I had lots of time and beginner’s enthusiasm. Once that was revealed for the insanity that it clearly is (enter: overuse injuries, serious boyfriend, generally doing things that aren’t running, did I mention overuse injuries?) I modified that schedule to two 10 milers and a 5 miler. Once I transitioned to doing most of my runs in the morning before work, I’ve gone from two long runs and a short to one long run and three short in the average week. Honestly I think it’s one of the smarter moves I’ve made – so far the injuries are at a minimum and I feel pretty good about my training. We’ll see how it all shakes out as the fall race season hits.
Hey, you know that conference I usually go to every summer? I run the 5K? I went to Universal that one time? Well, I wasn’t able to go this year, but NEXT year it’s… wait for it… IN ORLANDO again. Not only is it in Orlando, IT’S IN THE SWOLPHIN. Oh my God, guys… I could be a Crescent Lake snob. It’s a whole year away so there are no guarantees, but man that would be awesome.
Speaking of awesome, enjoy this roundup.
– Elbowglitter volunteers at a triathlon.
– Darling Rae preaches the gospel of CrossFit for runners. I’m not a joiner, but it definitely proves I really need to up my cross-training game…
– Inside the Magic highlights my ABSOLUTELY ALL TIME FAVORITE Disney cartoons – Goofy’s instructional shorts.
– Parkeology shares one last secret from the dearly departed Great Movie Ride.
– easyWDW reviews Epcot’s Spice Road Table. Trying to decide if I want to take my mom there in December…
– Disney In Your Day counts down WDW’s top 10 counter service restaurants.
– This Fairy Tale Life shares what goes down in a Disneyland wedding brunch tasting.
– Disney Nerds eats the famous Monte Cristo sandwich at Disneyland’s Cafe Orleans. I can’t believe I didn’t do this. Next time!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!