Heeey! So after a largely uneventful August, September begins to ramp things up. I had a successful (if damp) half marathon last Sunday – recap coming soon of course – and this Sunday I head out for the Outer Banks (theoretically – Florence, be kind… Pat thinks you might be mean so prove him wrong). Then after that, it’s time for the National Capital 20 Miler, and after that… well, there are lots more things, but then it’s October, so they aren’t relevant to the theme of this particular paragraph.
|September has a canal in it and everything!|
Perhaps you are nodding your head just the same. Indeed, you say, that’s a lot of running around doing things and also just running. Are you training properly? LET’S FIND OUT:
Sunday | 7.27 miles outside in 1:15
Monday | 7.05 miles outside in 1:15
As much as I hate winter, I must confess it will be nice not to have to get up hella early on weekends to get in a run before it’s sweltering hot outside.
Tuesday | 60 minute ballet class
Normally I would’ve also taken a walk but I was crazy busy at work in the morning and it was way too hot in the afternoon.
Wednesday | run 5.26 miles outside in 55 minutes
Thursday | walked 2.1 miles in 35 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Friday | walked 2.73 miles outside in 45 minutes
Resting for the race
Saturday | rest
Got to packet pickup for the Parks Half Marathon early since it was a mad scene last year and was pleasantly surprised to find things much calmer. I briefly stood in line, grab my bib and shirt, bought some Gu packets, and rolled out.
I dunno if the above renders me properly trained, but just in case you don’t think so, let me distract you with the roundup:
– Pixie Dust Savings turns a WDW Marathon DNF into a tale of triumph.
– Disney Adulting ponders Disney attractions that didn’t quite make the cut.
– Kait Around The Kingdom will make sure your Cast Member compliment makes it into the right hands.
– Jambo Everyone celebrates a hidden nook in DAK.
– Disney In Your Day picks favorites at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival.
– Disney Travel Babble continues her Disneyland Paris adventure.
– And for you vegans, Vegan Disney World has your festival picks.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!