JENN: So how was your training last week?
MOON: It was good! Since returning from Europe I’ve been slowly building back to my baseline. How was your training?
JENN: Not bad. I had a minor panic attack about the Marine Corps Marathon being less than two months away so I went and ran a 15 miler. Next week: 17.
MOON: Psh, you got it!
JENN: I certainly hope so! I feel… pretty… okay about it. I intend to eat a giant cupcake after.
MOON: I hope it is piled high with frosting. 😉
JENN: Psh, who you talkin’ to? Maybe I’ll just MAKE frosting and eat it directly out of the bowl. After a marathon, what is dignity?
MOON: I’ll personally make you any type of frosting you want when you finish.
JENN: ! What are my options?
MOON: Seriously, I could make you durian flavor if you wanted. Anything for you!
JENN: I don’t think durian will be necessary… I will have to think on this! What would be your ultimate post-marathon food reward?
MOON: Hmmmmm. Probably something spicy. Probably a soup. Spicy soups are my favorite. We’ll go with spicy soup if it’s a winter run. OH! Red bean ice cream. That works.
JENN: Ohhh, good call. Let’s put it to the readers, too – what’s your ultimate post-marathon munch?
And on that note: roundup.
– Pink Elephant on Parade gets up early to run. Blehhhhhh.
– The Run Streak wants to know where the boy-targeted races are.
– Turfing it back to the girls: Half Crazy Mama has sports bra suggestions.
– We Run Disney knows just how to crush marathon training.
– Black Dog Runs Disney considers the coolest Disney careers.
– Eating & Drinking Around the World holds the coming Food & Wine Festival against previous years. (SO excited for my first F&W! Clearly.)
– The Disney Hipsters point out that Elsa CAN’T go to Taco Bell; she’s on an all-carb diet.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!