JENN: So how was your training this week?
MOON: It went really well! Strength training is surprisingly working out (har har…).
JENN: Yay! Distance? Speed? Both?
MOON: Both! AND I can do some sweet ab work. I’ve never had this kind of tone before, I’m pretty excited!
JENN: Awesome! You’re way more patient than I am – I usually just do whatever happens in ballet class.
MOON: Well, perhaps if I went to ballet I would already be toned. 😛
MOON: How was your week?
JENN: Ehhhh. I was almost done with my last run of the week when I suddenly started experiencing stabbing hip pain – in the OPPOSITE hip from the one that’s been mildly bugging me the past couple weeks. Needless to say, I’ve been replacing runs with long walks for the last few days.
MOON: Oh, no!
JENN: I’m a little nervous about undertraining for the Marine Corps Marathon in two weeks, but I think it’s probably better I rest the hip. I’ll try running again on Wednesday or Thursday, I think. Probably Thursday, for safety.
MOON: Maybe weird weight distribution when switching between indoor/outdoor?
JENN: Maybe – but I’ve been using the treadmill for the last three weeks or so. It’s too dark outside in the mornings now.
MOON: You should definitely not push it. It’ll be much worse if you get to race day and can’t manage running.
JENN: I think it’ll be okay – there’s still time to recover. I just need to be super cautious.
MOON: Hmm. Skeletal and muscular things usually take a while to heal. Be careful!
JENN: I will!
MOON: Have you been running in new shoes?
JENN: Yup, but they’re the same model I’ve used before. They got me through my twenty miler just fine.
MOON: Oh, good. Just checking to make sure you’re not doing prep work in old shoes.
JENN: Don’t worry, they’re almost brand new. And speaking of brand new, have some brand new posts in the roundup.
– Half Crazy Mama is not having these silly statements.
– Black Dog Runs Disney powers through a sucky run.
– Capturing Magical Memories collects comfy, flattering workout clothes.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW ponders the long run load.
– Alternately, if you’re just starting out, Running at Disney has advice on your gear.
– Fairytales and Fitness considers the potential effects of having cheaters among us.
– easyWDW has some of the most thorough Food & Wine Festival reviews EVER.
– The spirit of the Disney Hipsters has alvays been and vill alvays be adventure!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!