JENN: I’m gonna go make some tea; you tell me how your week in running has been.
MOON: It’s been rather uneventful. Last week was the gloomiest week in recent history. They were handing out sand bags because of the hurricane. o_O I thought about investing in a boat, even.
JENN: I hear running the track on cruise ships is good fun. Depending on how entrepreneurial you were planning on being with this purchase.
MOON: Ha, I’m not sure I can go that deep. I was thinking a kayak or something. Should Pratt St. go under.
|Like this, only not in WDW, so WAY less awesome.|
JENN: I guess all that rain would preclude running for those of use who are boatless. But wait, you have a treadmill now, right?
MOON: Oh, I do. I’m just stating the gloom in general. Even when I’m in the UK it’s not as gloomy and wet as it was last week.
JENN: Should be nicer next week, though! Running plans?
MOON: Hopefully straight through the city. 🙂 How was your week?
JENN: Eh, okay. Last week was largely about 20 Miler recovery – kinda slow with some replacement walks.
Looking ahead, I bought some new sneakers in BOTH styles this week so I plan to test them out on my final 13 miler before the Marine Corps Marathon.
MOON: My goodness. That is a full schedule. And new sneakers is awesome! What did you go with?
MOON: Interesting. What do you find you need more in longer runs that the Nikes don’t provide?
JENN: Cushioning and support – my 20 Miler last week was pretty cruddy.
But never fear, we now turn our attention to better things: the roundup!
– We Run Disney sympathizes with the Boston almosts.
– The Run Streak ponders running fuel.
– Elbowglitter makes a great point about bodies.
– The Disney Hipsters know that the first day of vacation is the best day. I’m not alone!
– The Main Street Gazette is also sad about recent Disney park price increases.
– Get used to lots of Disney food coverage while Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival is going on! This week we’ve got reports from On the Go in MCO and easyWDW, plus a bonus Disney mixology post from Capturing Magical Memories.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!