Running can come with commentary.
“Sometimes I think this is very impressive. Sometimes I think you might be a bit of a meshugana.”
– coworker looking at my cube wall of bibs and medals
“Maybe you’re running to much. Maybe you should cut back a little.”
– my mom, who thinks I could stand to scale back a bit on the mileage
“Oh, you ran a half marathon in XX time yesterday? I’d still be running.”
– this is a surprisingly popular reaction
“You ran a marathon yesterday and you didn’t even tell anyone? I would’ve told everyone. I told everyone when I ran a half marathon!”
– coworker who just ran her first half marathon
“If I had one of those mileage stickers on my car, it would say .01.”
– Magic Kingdom security guard noticing my Dopey medal
“I hate running.”
– everyone ever
What’s the craziest/funniest/annoying-est thing anyone’s ever said to you about running?
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!