Here’s some exciting news: I think I’m actually kinda on track with my training this year!
After my half I did another, practice half, and then a week later I did a fifteen miler with reasonable success. Now I’ll take a couple months to do some speed runs and tennish mile maintenance long runs, knock out another fifteenish miler at the end of August, taper a bit, and then it’s race season!
I’m happy because in all honesty I think I may have botched my training a bit last year. Not horribly, but enough so that I didn’t have enough really long runs until my belt before the National Capital 20 Miler and the Marine Corps Marathon. This would explain why I ended up with some minor but legit injuries. Possibly my new sneakers were not to blame after all (and you can bet I’ll be diving into shoe drama in an upcoming post). Hopefully a more careful training plan this year will help me smoke those races this time around!
I don’t really have a good segue, but here’s the roundup. Enjoy.
– Disney In Your Day believes even a non-runner can enjoy runDisney.
– Live, Run, Grow has some interesting thoughts on runners and our ability to quit – or lack thereof.
– Fairytales & Fitness observes people frequently seen while running.
– Similarly, Living A Disney Life spots the types of moms seen at WDW.
– Just Me & My Running Shoes makes a Disney dinner at home.
– It’s WDW water park season! Sparkly Ever After has some tips.
– This Fairy Tale Life cheaps out at Aulani.
– The Disney Tourist Blog knows how to have an awesome day at Epcot without riding ANYTHING. Two words, kids: WORLD SHOWCASE.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!