HEY! THIS isn’t Walt Disney World!
Yup, I’m back. It was a whirlwind three days and a great half marathon, and the only thing that kept me from bursting into tears on the Magical Express was the promise of the WDW Marathon in January and the Dark Side Half in April. Keep hope alive!
If you’ll forgive me a moment of sappiness, I want to mention how happy and grateful being part of this Disney/runDisney community makes me feel. I was alone this trip, but I had lots of wonderful, engaging conversations with other enthusiasts on social media, especially Twitter. I never once felt lonely.
Okay, time for my exercise log from last week. Prepare to be mostly very bored.
Sunday | Marine Corps Marathon
Monday | rest
Tuesday | walked outside 2.04 miles in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Minus the jumping. Muscles were not up to jumping this week.
Wednesday | walked outside 2.33 miles in 40 minutes
Thursday | walked outside 2.05 miles in 35 minutes; 70 minute ballet class
Friday | rest
Saturday | walked 11.9 miles around WDW according to my phone
No idea how accurate that is, but suffice it to say that I walked A LOT.
Trip/race reports coming, of course. In the meantime, have a roundup.
– Fairytales & Fitness offers marathon tips from those in the know.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW recommends resorts for race spectators.
– Main Street Gazette checks out DAK’s Nomad Lounge. I just went there! 😀 😀 😀
– easyWDW got brunch at the California Grill and I’m jealous.
– A Pinch of Pixie Dust turns out an impressive twofer of a Mary Poppins costume.
– The Disney Hipsters share their favorite photos from their most recent WDW trip.
– Square Life Round World shares eats from the Food & Wine Festival. I just went there! 😀 😀 😀
– WDW for Grownups has the lowdown on holiday happenings at WDW.
– Disney In Your Day knows what to get the Disney people in your life for Christmas.
– EPBOT found vikings in Epcot’s Norway!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!