This week in Jenn’s training log: I begin to get overconfident.
Sunday | rest
That’s not why.
Monday | 12.11 miles on the treadmill in 2:00
There it is. I’m, like, SMACK on goal pace. The goal-est pace. So I’m like, come at me, marathon! I need to keep reminding myself I’ve been hurt by goals before…
I was going to go to ballet today as well, but I forgot my driver’s license at home and that is no way to get on the DC beltway, trust me.
Tuesday | walked 2.08 miles outside in 35 minutes
Skipped ballet in favor of Valentine’s Day, which I largely spent watching Pat play Resident Evil 7 because holy guacamole, guys, that game is tightly paced like a horror movie and I love it but I might also die of jump scares. Get you a man who will be your horror video game surrogate, is what I’m saying.
Wednesday | ran 8.06 miles on the treadmill in 1:20
Thursday | ran 5.23 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes
Skipped ballet to leave on our ski trip.
Friday | several hours of skiing
Performed in deathly fear of breaking a leg right before my spring races. Also performed in deathly fear. I am just FULL of risk-avoidance. Luckily I was with lovely people who patiently coaxed me down the bunny slope, and by the end I was doing pretty well and having fun. Incidentally, the bunny slope is basically a living episode of America’s Funniest Home Videos.
|We all fall down.|
Saturday | rest
I just want to take a moment to commemorate that fact that I made my FastPass selections this week! If I haven’t already mentioned it, I also managed to get a better, fireworks-friendly ADR time for the California Grill. The trip inches closer! 😀 😀 😀
– Through Heather’s Looking Glass gives non-runners a jump start.
– Elbowglitter ponders the implications of racing in the Athena class.
– Back at Square Zero handles a DNF with grace.
– Pink Elephant on Parade begins her Dopey 2017 recap.
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW attends MK’s After Hours event.
– The Disney Tourist Blog offers an excellent breakdown of those WDW gondola rumors.
– Parkeology thinks Steven Tyler is the least of WDW’s PC problems.
– A Pinch of Pixie Dust puts WDW’s express buses to the test.
– Disney In Your Day reviews Disney Springs’ Portobello.
– WDW for Grownups eats American in the parks.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!