As I mentioned yesterday, I developed a minor injury last week that’s put a serious cramp in my training style. I’m tapering for the Baltimore Marathon anyway, but I’ve had to skip more runs than I’d like all the same. Still, if it takes not running at all to not have a miserable marathon, then that’s what I’ll do.
Training log, go:
Sunday | ran 7.26 miles outside in 1:15
This is where the trouble started. Nothing actually happened; just all the sudden the side of my knee started bothering me. So naturally I…
Monday | ran 5.51 miles outside in 60 minutes
I know. I KNOW. Such a bad idea. If I could take it back I would. But I hadn’t yet accepted the reality of my situation, which is why I had to enlist Pat’s help.
Tuesday | walked 2.61 miles outside in 40 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Sat out on the jumps in ballet this week. At least I’m THAT smart.
Wednesday | 35 minutes of arm and ab work
And no morning run. 🙁
Thursday | walked 2.46 miles in outside in 40 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Friday | 35 minutes of arm and ab work
I was gonna shoot for 45 minutes this time, but Pat texted me about 25 minutes in and asked if I wanted to meet him at the bar so, yeah.
Saturday | rest
It was otherwise a fun, (run)Disney-fied week in some ways – which you already know if you follow me on Twitter. Otherwise, you’ll just have a to wait a bit to find out what’s up!
Roundup, you’re up.
– Elbowglitter battles heat-related adversity in the Army Ten Miler. (One of these years I’ll run that race.)
– The Runner’s Guide to WDW interviews Alan Young, runner of EVERY WDW MARATHON.
– This Fairy Tale Life makes an easy DIY sparkle skirt for races.
– Just Me & My Running Shoes ponders her favorite WDW memories.
– The Disney Tourist Blog and Parkeology celebrate the wonderful weirdness that is Epcot.
– Walt Disney World for Grownups rounds up excellent MNSSHP costumes.
– A Pinch Of Pixie Dust checks out the new Green Team version of Mission: Space.
– Living A Disney Life knows smart people who love Festival of the Lion King.
– The Main Street Gazette considers the dessert options at Disney Springs’ Homecomin.’
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!