It’s been quite an eventful week for running – I ran a marathon, then I signed up for more races – not only Wine & Dine (more on that later), but also the Marine Corps Marathon! How? The MCM race organizers unexpectedly provided a “rush” option Wednesday morning, releasing 11,000 guaranteed registrations, and I snagged one. Once again, I’m gonna run with the Marines!
Workout log, prove I can do it:
Sunday | ran 6.01 miles outside in 60 minutes
I was hoping Moon could join me for a post-bachelorette 10K, but alas, she had to ship up to drive back to Boston.
Monday | walked 2.08 miles outside in 35 minutes
Tuesday | ran 5.21 miles outside in 55 minutes; 60 minute ballet class
Wednesday | ran ran 3.29 miles outside in 35 minutes
One final pre-marathon jaunt.
Thursday | walked 2.01 miles outside in 35 minutes
And then I packed for my marathon weekend trip!
Friday | rest
Drove down to Wilmington. I started in the early Maryland morning at 36 degrees, and by the time I hit NC I had my air conditioning on. It. Was. AWESOME.
I drove straight to UNCW for packet pickup, where the man who gave me my bib did a double-take at the second line. Look, if you’re going to ask me to “show my school spirit” at registration and then make the field mandatory, you’d better be prepared for the truth.
The expo itself was otherwise unremarkable – I was there about an hour after opening and it seemed like people were still setting up their booths. I didn’t spend much time there, but did stop for a free can of an energy drink called Sunshine that I actually very much enjoyed. Plus I really needed the hydration!
After the expo I rolled over to my parents’ place to prep. And then…
Sunday | Wrightsville Beach Marathon, official time 4:33:06
– Elbowglitter ponders mental health and how exercise alone might not be the answer.
– I Run For Wine can help you fuel up for your next race.
– easyWDW performs a thorough exploration of the Magic Kingdom’s menu changes.
– The Tomorrow Society considers Disney parks and their place in the consumer landscape.
– On a similar note, The Disney Tourist blog wonders if Disney is relying too much on banked fan goodwill.
– Disney In Your Day got to attend an official Toy Story Land preview event.
– Getting hitched in WDW? This Fairy Tale Life has some tips and tricks to know.
– Living A Disney Life offers an insider look at the Disney College Program.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!