JENN: Recap! How was your workout week?
MOON: I am sad now that most of my running is back indoors, but other than that my week was good! Nothing too big to report. How was yours?
JENN: I did okay. I got all my mileage out of the way in an acceptable fashion but didn’t accomplish anything remarka – WAIT A MINUTE.
Almost forgot because it was last Monday, but I did 13.1 miles in 2 hours 11 minutes. One minute away from my official goal! Six minutes from my unofficial pie in the sky goal.
MOON: Yay! Congratulations!! You’ll get there. 🙂
JENN: Well, we’ve got some time until the Tinker Bell Half to work on it. 😀
MOON: I will need lots of time… So, what’s been on your iPod this week?
JENN: I am continuing my crusade to become the world’s most
behind-the-times retro twenty-something and jonesing on The Temptations’ “I Can’t Get Next to You.” It’s awesome. Oh, and Flogging Molly’s “Tomorrow Comes A Day Too Soon.” What can I say; I appreciate being told I’ve never looked so good.
MOON: You looked good on the treadmill this afternoon. *wiiiink*
MOON: My musical week has been a bit of a let down.
JENN: Ugh, a slow music week sucks.
MOON: I’m getting tired of my usual regiment of songs and for some reason I really want to listen to Chopin and Debussy, but I can’t really jog to that.
A cautionary tale: When I first started running I used to listen to Chopin a lot. I had just gotten a treadmill and it was in the music room. We placed it in a corner and it was lined up with the piano. So, I was jogging and I got a little swept away by the music and somehow I just lost my jogging rhythm, so what happened? I was propelled off the treadmill and into the piano.
|Moon attracts pianos wherever she goes.|
JENN: You were just misled by Dexter’s sister. She seemed to think Chopin is great for jogging.
MOON: I am proud to say that I started before Lundy got knocked off. I guess it was all predestined to go down that way. Anyway, I need some new music!
JENN: We are, as always, taking suggestions!
Meanwhile, back at the Tri Circle D Ranch:
– Sarah at Eating WDW discusses the Summer Honey Ale at Big River Grill & Brewing Works and in so doing informs me that the Rock Bottom pub down the street from my apartment is run by the same company and stocks the same beer. YES. Guess what I was drinking Friday night? I do love a little World at home…
– Food Fitness Fantasy is celebrating its first birthday. Congratulations are in order!
– Half Crazy Mama reminds us about the bib rules according to runDisney.
– Kristy Runs Kato has started a runDisney blog hop!
– Find ways to deal with runner burnout with Running Toward the Prize.
– Dad runsDisney discusses runner superstitions.
– I Run for Wine is giving away great cooling products from EnduraCool.
– Learn about the new special diets information kiosk at Disney’s Animal Kingdom from Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free at WDW, The Disney Food Blog, and the official Disney Parks blog. Never hurts to have multiple perspectives!
Annnnnnd scene. See you tomorrow!
Don’t forget, you can follow us on Twitter @fairestrunofall. To see how our training is going, check out Jenn’s dailymile here and Moon’s dailymile here. If you have any questions for us, leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!