I just completed my first outdoor run in… forever. More on that later this week, but needless to say, I am tiiiired.
On that note: happy Labor Day! I hope you’re thoroughly enjoying your day off. Also, I hope you have a day off! And CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who finished the Disneyland Half, 10K, 5K, etc. over the weekend!
Last week was something of a back-to-basics training week for me. I didn’t do any really long runs, instead logging three eleven milers. It’s been pretty hot and humid here, and even at steady, baseline speeds I ended each drenched in sweat. This from a girl who has run around Walt Disney World in August and thought little more than “Hmm, it’s a tad hot.” I never, never, NEVER though I’d say this, but I’m ready for summer to GTFO in favor of the crisp, runner-friendly weather of fall.
Man. And here I thought my allegiance to warm weather would never cease. THIS SPORT CHANGES YOU.
Musically, I am not ashamed to admit that I’ve been listening to Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” repeatedly during runs. What? It’s got a good beat! Also I, too, am gonna take your grandpa’s style.
Y’know what else I’m gonna take? YOUR LINKS:
– Feet Dominating Pavement tells you how to master the treadmill, dear friend of mine that it is.
– Running at Disney offers advice on packing for race weekends.
– We Run Disney made an awesome video on how they assembled their Disneyland Half costumes.
– Pumpkin to Princess talks pre-race breakfast.
– Never Enough Disney is celebrating a racerversary!
– Pink Elephant on Parade has put together a rockin’ party playlist for your running pleasure.
– Fairytales and Fitness weighs in: should you run in your race shirt?
Oh, and did I mention? 93 DAYS TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!