Hi, everybody! How was your weekend? I finally saw Escape to Tomorrow, and I have… thoughts. So there’s that to look forward to this week. Aside from that, I’m trying to wrangle Moon for another post or two; her mom’s doing fine but she has a new paramour. You know how it is. [insert eyebrow waggle here ;)]
As for my training, it was a little wonky last week. Since I had Monday off, I jammed in one of my loooooong runs – I set my record of 22 miles. I’d done 20 before and really didn’t think another two would be a big deal. I was wrong. I mean, I didn’t die or anything, but I mostly walked them. Up to 20? Still feeling pretty strong. After 20? Not so much. Therefore I think I’ll make my next looooong run another 20-miler and then give 22 another shot.
I have a musical selection this week! I’m not against but not a particular fan of The Lonely Island of “I’m On A Boat” fame, but Elizabeth has introduced me to a song of theirs called “Lazy Sunday” which features a chorus that goes like this: “It’s the Chronic-WHAT?-cles of NARNIA!” And as a lifelong Narnian, I am honor-bound to play it every hour on the hour for the rest of my life. It’s deeper magic from before the dawn of time, you know.
One more thing… what was it… oh yes: 16 DAYS TO WDW.
– Sarah at Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free in WDW ran the Jingle Jungle 5K! Another one catches the bug, folks!
– Half Crazy Mama has suggestions for assembling your next runDisney costume. Oh, I have ideas…
– Are you a fellow blogger? Carrots ‘n Cake has tips for successfully hosting your own giveaway. Step one: make Jenn the winner. 😉
– The holidays are steadily approaching – get a jump on your shopping with Run Eat Repeat’s runner gift guide.
– Running Toward the Prize discusses why you should share your runs on social media.
– Slightly NSFW depending on your office’s swear word policies, but these Pixar memes as shared by the Disney Hipsters are HILARIOUS.
– Whether you’re traveling to Disney or somewhere else entirely (… but why?), you’ll want to check out these carry-on luggage recommendations from The Disney Tourist Blog.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email email@example.com. See ya real soon!