JENN: Get any training done this week?
MOON: A little! Working on toning mostly. How have your runs been? Any improvement?
JENN: Eh, this week was worse, but I only did one training run; the rest was walking. I had the Marine Corps 17.75K (11.03 mi) on Saturday, the one that got you guaranteed admission to the Marine Corps Marathon when you finished. I’ll do a recap, but for now let me some up my experience with this race with the following word: HIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLS.
MOON: Oh, dear! But regardless of hills, congratulations!
JENN: Thanks. 🙂 But I think I might need to start doing at least one run a week – gulp – OUTSIDE. I still love my dear sweet treadmill, but I need to get used to terrain changes and inclines and what have you.
MOON: I find I need to get used to obstacles (people, mostly) and the air change. I am super excited I can now officially run outside again. The weather this past weekend was amaaaaazing.
JENN: Oh, and speaking of gulp, I used my #AccessGranted code from the 17.75K and am officially entered in the Marine Corps marathon. So there’s that.
|It’s like Jenn is Dr. Seeker and Dr. Marsh just left the room!|
MOON: 😀 Yay! Very proud of you. <3
JENN: I’m little scared, but the minimum pace is 14 minute miles, and I’m confident I can average that at the very least. [insert a knock of the internet wood here]
If you’re bored that weekend, maybe you can come meet me at the finish line!
MOON: Of course. 🙂 Or I’ll show up when you hit mile 20 and scare you into speeding up. <3
JENN: Startled into speed… I suppose it’s a system.
You know what else is a system? The blog roundup.
– Learn along as Fairytales and Fitness ponders advice from a PT.
– Running at Disney claims that finishing your first marathon is the best feeling EVER. Boy do I hope that’s true.
– More learning: Running Toward the Prize considers her takeaways from her first half marathons.
– If A Pinch of Pixie Dust is going to put up a post featuring a chocolate dessert, then I’m going to feature it here.
– Get happy as the Disney Tourist Blog counts down a top ten of Disney moments.
– And finally, The Disney Hipsters speak the truth.
Don’t forget, you can follow FRoA on Twitter @fairestrunofall and on Instagram @fairestrunofall. If you have any questions or thoughts, leave a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See ya real soon!